Primary Purpose of Role
- Delivery of timely and accurate reported results and robust forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, annual and longer-term basis as appropriate.
- Play an active business partnership role in supporting sales and marketing to deliver the financial commitments of the region by providing commercial expertise, insights.
- Work in partnership with business team to provide insight, business analysis and commercial decision support and value-added analysis that will help influence decision making and maximise the value of current and future investment and portfolio management decisions.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
Play a leading role in managing the commercial financial analysis responsibilities of the Regional team:
• Complete all commercial analysis and reporting requirements (e.g. forecasting) in an accurate, robust, practical and timely manner.
• Analysis of actual performance focussing on key performance drivers.
• Identify opportunities to deliver financial commitments (e.g. stretch targets).
• Identify and analyse key issues, highlight trends and identify new opportunities.
• Identify risks and recommend mitigation activities to deliver financial commitments.
• Ensure compliance with financial governance requirements.
(2) Budgeting & Forecasting
Assist in the delivery of the Regional team’s regular financial commitments:
• Support the development and completion of Annual Planning Budgets and Integrated Business Planning Forecasts in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing teams.
• Ensure all deadlines are met and tasks completed in a robust manner.
• Ensure consistent and logical assumptions are used in the planning processes.
(3) System/Process improvement & Ad Hoc Project Work
Provide support on ad hoc analysis and projects:
• Assist the implementation of new system or standardized processes and procedures in the Region
• Undertake ad hoc analysis and projects as required from time to time (eg brand / market / spend Deep Dives) to assist in driving forward performance in the Region.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Certificate of Accounting Professional is preferred but not a must
• 3+ years of financial and commercial experience within a major FMCG company
Professional Qualities: • Strong analytical skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Effective planning and project management skills
• Good relationship building skills
• A positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
• Ability to act as an agent of change, constantly driving profitability