About the Company
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s largest wine companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The Company has a rich heritage and a portfolio of some of the most recognized and awarded wine brands in the world, including Penfolds, Pepperjack, Wynns, Beaulieu Vineyard, Beringer, Wolf Blass, 19 Crimes, Matua, Chateau St Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Gabbiano, Lindeman’s and Rawson’s Retreat. TWE is focused on portfolio premiumization and brand-led marketing, with world-class production facilities in internationally recognized wine regions. The Company sources grapes from a mix of owned, leased and third-party vineyards. Employing approximately 3,400 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, marketing, distribution and support staff across the globe, TWE’s wine is sold in more than 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Treasury Wine Estates at www.tweglobal.com
To manage directly the Paso winery Lab and provide support and oversight of laboratory services at winery level and other TWE operations as required including vineyards. To ensure the correct equipment location, accurate and efficient analysis and people development are in place to deliver highest level of laboratory service to winery operations. In addition, support and manage the HACCP requirements for the winery operations to meet all regulatory requirements and support the implementation at the site. Lead site operational and winemaking analytical support as required.
- Supervises and performs lab analysis activities, trials and other laboratory tasks, as well as maintenance and repairs of all scientific equipment.
- Provides support and performs sample collection for outside facilities or sales, tasting and local sensory analysis program.
- Facilitates the implementation of new tasks and responsibilities, determines department priorities and goals. Ensures timeliness, accuracy and completion of all lab work.
- Develops schedules and work assignments for staff to ensure optimum efficiency, safety, and quality of work to be accomplished.
- Reviews and evaluates cost effectiveness, consistency, quality, accuracy and performance to standards/schedules and acts as necessary to correct discrepancies.
- Coordinates with Winemaking and Cellars to ensure that analysis output levels sustain the required production.
- Required involvement with all Treasury Wine Estates labs on both quality and analytical lab related meetings, information, best practices, capital purchases, etc.
- Coordinates and validates analyses performed to support quality assurance issues and facilitates correction of issues or errors.
- Supports bottling by providing Quality Assurance Services
- Communicates and liaisons with winemakers and production staff on daily activities and research projects to provide lab support and enhance ongoing advancements in our product.
- Maintains an accurate QA and Analytical lab procedures manual.
- Evaluates and develops lab procedures and methods to maintain an accurate lab procedure manual.
- Ensures adherence of laboratory compliance with SOP’s.
- Has responsibility to assist in the management of laboratory capital and operating budget: Laboratory operational budgets (not including non-controllable such as depreciation): Develops and maintains department budget, maintains supply and equipment inventory within budget constraints.
- Purchases new instrumentation to maintain the most advanced lab capabilities possible, within budgeted parameters.
- Coordinates and collaborates across functions to achieve given responsibilities.
- Performs special projects as required.
- Directs Paso 360 team site FSQM Audit preparation.
- Understands and meets duties and obligations under Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Follows all HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental)/ FSQ (Food Safety Quality)/ HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Quality Control) rules and policies; insures group is adhering to HSE/ FSQ and HACCP; and assists the team in the implementation and improvement of the site’s HSE/FSQ/HACCP program and compliance.
- Responsible for site safety and conformance with company HSE/FSQ/HACCP manual procedures in cellar operations, and with regard to wine quality and costs. Maintains safety and compliance programs as mandated by company and regulatory agency standards.
- Responsible for safety/FSQ/HACCP training, development, awareness and enforcing existing safety codes inclusive of the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains structured health, safety and environmental management systems in line with global corporate standards and performance indicators; thus providing a framework for effective hazard identification and management, performance monitoring, and continuous improvement.
- Provides support and training for all employees; building through consultation a culture based on managing risk with responsibility and accountability; and encouraging open communication with all stakeholders on health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Integrates change management principles into site planning and implements and monitors to control the introduction of any new hazard.
HR Bullet Points
- Interviews, hires and trains employees and administers disciplinary action when required within guidelines of company policies and with counsel of human resources. Assists in developing staffing models to ensure proper workforce during expansion/restructuring phases.
- Writes, and conducts performance appraisal of staff /direct reports with the input of any subordinate supervisory staff. Reviews and comments on STIP bonus and recommends annual merit increases for approval.
- Meets with staff periodically to discuss/communicate information on benefits, organizational, policy or corporate direction changes. Conducts meetings with staff to gain input and insight.
- Adhere to and ensure compliance with all State, Federal and local employment, wage and hour, safety rules, regulations, laws and permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Enology, Chemistry or closely related field.
- Minimum 3 years analytical and management laboratory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all routine lab analysis and troubleshooting of scientific instrumentation.
- Successfully lead, motivate and supervise self and others; team oriented
- Winery experience preferred.
- Computer literacy in software applications MS Word and Excel required.
- Minimum three years project management.