About the Company
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s largest wine companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The Company has a rich heritage and a portfolio of some of the most recognized and awarded wine brands in the world, including Penfolds, Pepperjack, Wynns, Beaulieu Vineyard, Beringer, Wolf Blass, 19 Crimes, Matua, Chateau St Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Gabbiano, Lindeman’s and Rawson’s Retreat. TWE is focused on portfolio premiumization and brand-led marketing, with world-class production facilities in internationally recognized wine regions. The Company sources grapes from a mix of owned, leased and third-party vineyards. Employing approximately 3,400 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, marketing, distribution and support staff across the globe, TWE’s wine is sold in more than 100 countries around the world. Learn more about Treasury Wine Estates at www.tweglobal.com
Supports Winemaking and Production by providing both analytical laboratory analysis and quality assurance functions for the entire central coast operations in a high throughput laboratory. Additionally, assists in training and supervising laboratory staff and seasonal employees.
- Organize and prioritize the workload under supervision of Lab Manager.
- Responsible for sample collection and proper preparation for all required analysis.
- Perform chemical analyses of wines and juices using a variety of methods, including titration, distillation, enzymatic chemistry, atomic absorption, and other specialized instrumentation.
- Perform bench-scale trials, to include trial blending, stability testing, filter abilities, color evaluations, fining trials, and acid or sugar series to support production of several brands.
- Prepare chemical reagents and contribute to general housekeeping of lab.
- Maintain and troubleshoot diverse and complex laboratory instruments.
- Accurately transcribe lab results to appropriate forms or databases.
- Calculate wine treatments for cellar staff as requested.
- Maintains Laboratory SDS binder, SOP Manual, including RA requirements and quarterly chemical inventory.
- Develops and applies new methods to expand the in-house analysis capabilities.
- Act as lead Paso 360 contact and person responsible for organization and delegation of persons performing the centralized mandated lab testing program.
- Prepare lab bottlings and blends for marketing, public relations or winemaking as needed. This may include winemaking benchtop trials such as fining trials, stability testing, trial blends.
- Maintain and/or assist with inventory of supplies.
- Performs all Quality related functions required:
- Bottling line quality checks both on and off site as needed
- Tank analysis and inspections
- Sanitation inspections
- Incoming raw material inspections for bottling
- Ability to rotate through various work schedules at different locations to include shifts starting in early morning or swing shift.
- Contribute to SOP and Risk Assessment reviews yearly.
- Responsible for learning, adhering to and enforcing department and company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all SOP’s
- BS Degree in Enology, Chemistry or science related field or equivalent related experience, preferred.
- Lab or winery experience preferred, experience with chemicals and related safety procedures desired.
- Apply for and receive TTB certification to perform necessary analyses for export products desirable.
- Ability to think both analytically and subjectively.
- Computer literacy in software applications MS Word and Excel required.
- Strong mathematical skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and to calculate volumes and averages.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Fluent in English.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Attention to detail.
- Ability to listen well, process information and perform more than one task at a time.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment. Willing to work flexible and extended hours when necessary.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a manner that works positively with clients, customers, coworkers and management.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Supervisory experienced preferred.