At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. We embrace an environment where you can set about defining yourself and your career. Our global portfolio of instantly recognized wine brands include Penfolds, Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags’ Leap and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organization where the sky’s the limit.
We are seeking multiple motivated seasonal Harvest Interns to assist the Grower Relations Representative with growing season and harvest tasks. Individuals should possess a strong desire to work hands-on and perform efficiently in variable conditions. This is a physically demanding position that will require working independently, early mornings, and walking in steep and rough terrain. Hours may vary throughout season depending on work load, and potential for some flexibility. Position starts in July through mid to end of October, season dependent.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pest and disease scouting
- Vine health and phenology monitoring
- Crop estimation, including cluster and vine counts and cluster weights
- Maturity sampling, processing and analysis
- Data entry and analysis
- Working knowledge of viticulture and/or agriculture
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Earth
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- Able to bend over repeatedly
- Ability to work flexible hours and in various climatic conditions and physically demanding terrain
There are only a handful of internships that can offer this breadth of experience, working with a team who is dedicated to growing and making the highest quality wines. The Treasury Wine Estates portfolio includes Beringer, Beaulieu Vineyards, Chateau St. Jean, Etude, Provenance, Stag’s Leap and Sterling.