This is a great opportunity to work within a luxury winemaking team for the 2019 harvest. The facility is a state-of-the-art luxury hub that houses several mature and up and coming brands. Be a part of a highly sought-after legacy winery that is at the forefront of the industry!
This position will include daily harvest task management with a focus on research projects. The position is not a hands-on winemaking job, but knowledge of a working cellar and winemaking practices is necessary to help ensure efficient and quality workflow. We need someone who is dynamic, outgoing, and willing to jump in to help the winemaking team throughout the season.
- Daily monitoring of research projects
- Daily record keeping and data entry
- Creation of work orders and instructions
- Flexible schedule necessary depending on projects
- Communication with the cellar, laboratory, and winemaking teams
- Collaborate with winemakers across brands and styles
- Fermentation monitoring
- Oversight during harvest cellar activities
- Set up tastings, fermenter and otherwise
- Opportunities to taste fermenters with the winemaking team
- BS in a science field or equivalent harvest experience.
- Excellent communication ability
- Computer skills required
- Basic math associated with converting units and making calculations
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to work independently
- Able to work a flexible schedule and some weekends
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.