At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we welcome individuals who seek to make extraordinary impact. We embrace an environment where you can set about defining yourself and your career. Our global portfolio of instantly recognized wine brands include Penfolds, Beringer, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags’ Leap and 19 Crimes; TWE is an organization where the sky’s the limit.
About the Role:
The Assistant Hospitality Sales Manager will be an integral part of our hospitality team at Sterling Vineyards, supporting site operations, staff management, guest experience and sales and budget. Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced hospitality professional to join our dynamic team and assist in the leadership of our committed tasting room staff. This person will serve as the front line manager for our Premium Experience, and is responsible for all guest interaction and the financial deliverables including fostering a safe environment for guests and employees, key sales metrics, and training/development of the staff.
- Manage and drive growth of the Silver, Platinum, and Iridium Experiences, focusing on Reserve Portfolio, Food Pairing Experiences and all Private Seated Tasting Experiences, delivering to an exceptional high level of service.
- Working together with the Regional General Manager and Senior Hospitality Sales Manager (SHSM), lead and direct the activities of the Hospitality Associate team to achieve or exceed key DTC objectives and targets, including total revenue and gross profit, Wine Club total enrolments and conversion %, new customer data acquisition and meet and exceed Average Order Value targets.
- Serve as Manager on Duty which entails opening the property, being a key holder, and handling daily banking and managing the seamless delivery of the set program of the day (trade, advanced reservations and consumer walk-ins across the complete property).
- Ensure Sterling team adheres to all TWE Zero Harm and Health & Safety standards, and provide all necessary training
- Coordinate with Wine Club Ambassador to ensure Wine Club Experiences activities are delivered to an exceptional standard.
- Coordinate with HSM responsible for Mandarin Program to deliver all private seated experiences and the Sterling Mandarin Tour.
- Minimum four years direct-to-consumer sales and/or customer service experience, Wine Club experience preferred
- Proven track record of generating direct-to-consumer sales, leading a sales team and delivering results against defined targets
- Dynamic, innovative, positive and a strong team player
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and sales aptitude
- Experience in leading teams, with a proven track record of supervising, leading and coaching sales teams of more than 15 employees
- Strong computer skills, notably MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, RMS (Retail and Wine Club), EWinery and CellarPass, or other equivalent reservations system, Outlook and Calendar
- Can work autonomously with a strong work ethic
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills in English
- Effective communication with all levels of employees and consumers, written and spoken, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and must work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday).
- Must have knowledge of Napa Valley area, food and wine market, and understanding/ knowledge of wine and Winemaking as well as current trends/events in the wine business.
- Must have a clean professional appearance and able to represent TWE internally and externally
- Must be able to travel on occasion to other Company locations.
- Must be able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
- Just to name a few:
- 401k with match
- Stock Options
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
- Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
- Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
- Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today!