PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To drive the delivery of best in class financial planning processes, and the provision of analysis and insights for the Treasury Wine Estates Asia business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Financial Results and Planning
• Consolidates the reporting of the financial results for the Asia business, ensuring appropriate financial rigour of P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash-flow, working capital and associated metrics to meet TWE reporting targets.
• Accountable for the preparation, consolidation and continuous improvement of the Budget, monthly Commercial Reviews, Integrated business plan (IBP) forecast and 5YP Strat Plan.
• Coordinates and communicates with multiple stakeholders on managing the timelines and information requirements for completion of month end and planning cycle submissions.
• Provides value adding insights with stakeholders on revenue, brand, cost of goods, customer investment and overhead financial performance.
• Influences the broader finance team to deliver timely, accurate and insightful reporting to be used by senior management.
• Proficient at developing complex financial models and assessing scenarios to support business decisions.
• Ensures monthly reviews are completed with business unit owners to discuss customer, A&P and overheads performance and understand deviations to plan which will be captured in planning cycles.
Local Statutory Reporting
• Coordinate and support the local statutory reporting process as required in certain Asia countries.
• Monitors the application and effectiveness of the finance systems and processes, namely JDE, Hyperion financial planning (HFM and HFP), GBI ensuring accuracy and reliability of data.
• Identifies potential enhancements, new reporting needs, upgrades, or new ways of working for improvements to business solutions, driving access to insights led data
• Communicates and collaborates effectively with Asia management, providing input, direction, and challenge with a strong ability to influence stakeholders beyond own role.
• Converts complex financial concepts into a message that can be understood by non-financial audience and enables effective decision making.
• Provides advice/guidance to corporate finance team and audit queries.
• Manages information flows across multiple cross functional teams, provide solution focused and collaborative approach to work through changing circumstances in optimisation projects.
• Provide a role model for TWE behaviours and provide guidance and support in developing the wider finance team for future growth as appropriate.
• Presentation and communication of key issues impacting on the business to the LT team
Key Decision Making in this Role: (What are the key decisions made in this role?)
• Compares historical results and financial indicators against budgets and forecasts, performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and making financial recommendations for performance improvement to the key stakeholders.
• Actively builds relationships with operational and finance stakeholders and applies commercial acumen and strategic thinking to influence business performance outcomes. Provides an independent point of view, challenging ideas and business plans presented by stakeholders.
• Continually optimises reporting and analysis processes, leveraging the global business service delivery model to deliver financial support that is productive and effective.
Key challenges faced by this role in meeting goals/objectives
• Thorough understanding of the profit & loss and balance sheet drivers and the complexity of the Asian business.
• Effectively communicating performance and implication on delivery of forecast.
• Maintaining effective relationships with regional finance teams, corporate finance team, Global Business Services and regional management.
• Understands and leverages systems to simplify and build efficiencies in profitability, operating and capital expenditure processes and reporting.
• Influencing the business to continuously improve and strive to meet agreed targets across multiple geographical locations.
• Ensuring information supplied by multiple finance teams is accurate, insightful and relevant.
• Ensuring services and information supplied by Global Business Services team is timely, accurate and efficient.
• Managing tight timeframes for multiple submissions under consideration.
• Degree qualified (Commerce/Accounting)
• CA/CPA qualified
Experience & Qualifications
Minimum of 6 years post qualification experience
Previous Finance, Planning & Analysis experience
Advanced knowledge of accounting systems and experience with BI intelligence reporting tools including an aptitude to rapidly learn.
Advanced excel skills and financial modelling.
Systems – JDE, Hyperion Financial Planning, BI Intelligence
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
Proven ability to influence, challenge the status quo and negotiate in order to drive goals