Treasury Wine Estates is a globally recognised producer of leading wine brands including Penfolds, Wolf Blass, Lindeman’s, Wynns and Saltram. Our portfolio of products are acclaimed for their consistency in quality, delivered by an outstanding team of diverse professionals.
We have an opportunity for an Experienced Grounds Keeper to join our Barossa based team.
This role will provide a quality maintenance and grounds keeping service and act as a key reference point use of accredited trade skills in areas such as horticulture, gardening or in the maintenance of grounds across our Bilyara Winery and Packaging Centre and other local key sites,
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Perform general maintenance and repair activities specific to the role on a daily/ weekly / monthly basis
- Cleaning, inspecting and repairing machinery after each use
- Utilise ride on mowers, brush cutters, whipper snippers and blowers amongst others tools
- Tree management and pruning when possible to eliminate risk of damaged to people or property
- Storm water management for use on irrigation
- Perform various activities with tractor and front loader if required
- Support the Trade Waste Operators when required to manage liquid waste on site
- General weed removal within the roads and building
- Work closely with all outside contractors to perform duties and tasks when required
Applicants will have a Certificate 3 in Horticulture or equivalent, a current drivers license, chemical certificate, chainsaw training and a current First Aid certificate.
Previous gardening/landscaping experience will be required. Skills in various gardening techniques and equipment, and an ability to maintain and service equipment will compliment your solid work ethic and good teamwork skills.