Primary Purpose of Role
To develop and lead the execution of highly effective external and internal communications work that helps manage external risks, build corporate and brand reputation globally, and contribute to the delivery of TWE’s strategic roadmap.
To support the Director, Corporate Communications on the delivery of all other communications work undertaken by the global Corporate Communications team.
Key Decision Making in this Role:
- Identify risks to corporate and brand reputation, provide solutions and advice as appropriate.
- Optimise the allocation of resources – time, budget – in order to get the best outcomes.
- Determine key strategic messages for press/media and other key external stakeholders
- Provide communications input and insights on critical commercial projects.
- Plan, align and execute external communications strategies and appropriate channels for the company.
- Support the Director, Corporate Communications on the management of and interaction with the global communications community.
- Lead engagement, where directed, across other key stakeholder groups.
- Provide support in managing all external and internal communications for TWE.
- Provide the CEO and Executive Leadership Team with strategic counsel and advice on media, corporate and crisis communications, and internal communications issues.
- Support on media liaison and company spokesperson duties - globally.
- Support on press and media engagement, and other external influencers and that shape TWE’s corporate reputation.
- Support and manage media training and communications capabilities within the ELT.
- Drive an increase in both the volume and favourability of TWE’s media coverage.
- Manage the corporate brand, company identity, visual assets and risks associated with the promotion of TWE’s commercial interests.
- Ensure appropriate coordination, alignment and support for TWE’s corporate communications globally.
- Engage, inspire and inform TWE employees through regular, targeted and highly effective internal communications.
- Generate excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the organisation’s vision, strategies, desired culture, and behaviours.
- Recruit and manage external providers, including agencies, media monitoring, social media, photographers, printers, web developers etc.
- Manage the corporate communications budget, effectively allocating resources to deliver major projects on time, and on budget.
- Manage a corporate social and digital media strategy including channel presence, content and assets, building TWE’s reputation and minimising risks.
- Partner with investor relations on key commercial activities (AGM, Results Announcements, Annual
- Report, ad hoc shareholder communications, on-going ASX announcements).
- Partner with People & Communications on internal transformation projects and support efforts to improve TWE’s workplace culture and employee engagement.
- Manage communications for and promotion of the Company’s Corporate Responsibility priorities
- Work closely with Marketing and Brand PR teams to ensure consistent application, representation and coordination of both corporate and consumer brand activity.
- Coach the Corporate Communications Specialist, ensuring a culture in which she can develop.