About The Role
TWE is offering an opportunity in the Central Coast of California to become a member of the Technical Viticulture team in the role of Assistant Viticulturist. The position is responsible for monitoring vineyards and collecting data, such as phenology, crop estimates, nutritional and irrigation requirements, and fruit maturity from Treasury Wine Estates vineyards which include Beringer, Beaulieu Vineyards, Chateau St. Jean, Etude, Provenance, Stags Leap, and Sterling Vineyards. The person in this role will assist vineyard managers in achieving highest fruit quality from estate vineyards.
You are proven team player, working with cross-functional teams, strong relationship management skills, able to influence teams and drive outcomes. Able to work with a diverse range of individuals, have good self-awareness and well-developed analytical problem solving skills and strong computer literacy from desktop/laptop to mobile devices and applications.
You're a self-starter and require little direction and management, but mindful of keeping management up-to-date with daily tasks and operations that can potentially impact the vineyard(s), team(s), department and business operations.
- B.S. degree or greater in Viticulture/Horticulture/Agriculture/Enology or related discipline. Graduate degree beneficial.
- PCA license or ability to gain one within first 12 months of employment
- A clean CA driver’s license.
- General knowledge of regional viticultural cultural practices, pest issues, needs and opportunities.
- Computer skills including MS Office, and practical competence with agriculture oriented computer applications.
- Experience and specialty knowledge of GIS software and techniques. Certification beneficial.
- Have a rudimentary understanding of winemaking to assist with understanding winegrowing goals and fruit/wine quality grading.
- Ability to work overtime (extended hours and weekends) as required.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements.
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
Just to name a few:
- 401k with match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
- Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
- Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
- Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today.