About the Role:
The role is responsible for supporting the General Counsel Americas with a combination of contract and trade practice review, organization of files, paying department invoices and tracking expenses, assisting with management of the General Counsel Americas schedule and travel, prioritizing the General Counsel Americas email and other correspondence and supporting the legal team as required.
- To provide legal research, advice and services to Promotions and Trade Marketing teams regarding trade practice (coupons, sweepstakes, contests and promotions) issues
- To oversee and administer corporate governance activities of the 25 or so US entities. This includes but is not limited to maintenance of minute books, TTB and California ABC applications for new officers and maintaining a current list of officers and directors. Mastery of (or the ability to master) Blueprint One World is essential for this role
- To support and assist Compliance Manager and Compliance Specialist during peak registration times with preparing mailing applications, permits, license renewals and brand registrations.
- To provide high level executive support to the VP General Counsel Americas.
- Work collaboratively with Group Legal to align with best practices and deliver best in class guidance to internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ten or more years of progressively more complex work in a law firm or lor equivalent department.
- Ability to maintain professional attitude in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple (and potentially competing) deadlines.
- Skilled at setting up and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
- Comfortable with tracking time across a variety of matters.
- High level written and oral communication skills.
- Personal commitment to quality and timeliness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
You are a self starter, you are resourceful, and can work autonomously. You have a collaborative approach and are able to build strong relationships with your team and key stakeholders. You are flexible and creative, and help others come to win win solutions to best support business initiatives.