Treasury Wine Estates is one of the world's largest wine companies that is traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). We believe in creating a culture that delivers sustainable growth - for our people, our business and our customers. We have a passion for wine that is reflected in our behavior and in everything we do. The character, quality and scale of our global brand portfolio is unmatched. Our bands are amongst the most recognized and awarded in the world including, Penfolds, Beringer, Chateau St. Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Etude, Stags’ Leap, Lindeman’s, Matua and Gabbiano. We welcome new talent, enthusiasm and fresh insight; we're excited by what you could bring and the wonderful career opportunities we can offer!
About the Role:
Provide reporting, budgeting and forecasting on finished goods and raw materials.
Working with inventory controllers within the business, provide governance oversight to ensure reported inventory is complete, accurate, valid and properly measured in accordance with internal TWE policies and applicable statutory reporting standards and laws. Assist the business in making best economic decisions around inventory at risk.
- In collaboration with business partners, ensure adequate system of controls are in place around inventory, including (not limited to):
- Physical counts, cycle counts and book-to-book recs are performed with timeliness and rigor, in accordance with policy.
- Monthly reporting on all inventory adjustments
- Inventory adjustments are approved in accordance with DALs
- Collaborate with Supply Team to ensure FG @ Risk is measured monthly in accordance with Policy and all risks are capture
- Perform NRV testing over inventory at least quarterly
- Monthly reporting on FGs and RMs inventory, including valid month end inventory listing, monthly and year-on-year trends, having regard to global reporting requirements and needs of business partners
- Update the FGs current/non-current inventory model, analyze movements and prepare commentary – outputs, methodology and frequency as directed by Group Accounting and Global Supply Finance
- Support the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process by helping identify & quantify risks & opportunities related to FG & RM inventory
- Process General Ledger and sub ledger journals / transactions to properly account for inventory adjustments, spoils, revaluations, etc as required
- Ensure clean, accurate and reliable transactional details in the general ledger and inventory sub ledgers with appropriate audit trail documentation and, where required, work with business to adjust processes and/or IT to adjust system configuration (eg AAIs)
- Perform all monthly financial close and balance sheet reconciliation requirements, independently, and within required timelines
- Prepare and continuously improve the processes around inventory Budgets and Forecasts and prepare monthly commentary for variances against these. In doing this, works closely with Supply Planning team who prepare stock on hand projections
- Participate in ‘E2E’ (end to end) inventory at risk reviews run by Supply team, providing, as appropriate, guidance to achieve best economic outcome for TWE.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations (including, not limited to, inventory control accounts, applicable inventory provisions) per monthly timetable and analyzing variances for resolution in accordance with Global Policy
- Assist in any half year and year-end audit requirements, independently preparing all requested schedules in the timeline required
- Provide backup finance team support for Bulk Wine Inventory
- Ensure issues and risks, whether financial or controls / governance, are escalate to manager and/or Finance Director, Americas Supply in a timely manner
- Understand and demonstrate company culture, behaviours and ways of working (Focus, Belief, Trust, Collaboration)
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience (FMCG, inventory and costing experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BBA) in Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Economics, or a related analytical discipline
- Mature interpersonal, influencing, oral, written and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills and diligent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure in a multi task environment
- Strong work ethic
You are a resourceful, independent self-starter that has proven analytical experience to drive decisions and beneficial outcomes. You build strong relationships with key stakeholders. You’re a systems expert and excel expert that can problem solve and assess where process break downs cause inventory variances.
In addition to being an incredible place to work with remarkable brands, we have fantastic perks!
- 401k with match
- Stock Options
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Wellness/Gym membership reimbursements
- Free product allotment, in addition to discounts all year long for you, your friends and family
- Discounts on other services such as rental cars, car purchase, cell phone bills, hotels, electronics and more!
- Lucrative employee referral bonus opportunities
Apply now and become a proud member of the family that is Treasury Wine Estates today.