About the Company
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s largest wine companies, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). The Company has a rich heritage and a portfolio of some of the most recognized and awarded wine brands in the world, including Penfolds, Pepperjack, Wynns, Beaulieu Vineyard, Beringer, Wolf Blass, 19 Crimes, Matua, Chateau St Jean, Sterling Vineyards, Gabbiano, Lindeman’s and Rawson’s Retreat. TWE is focused on portfolio premiumization and brand-led marketing, with world-class production facilities in internationally recognized wine regions. The Company sources grapes from a mix of owned, leased and third-party vineyards. Employing approximately 3,400 winemakers, viticulturists, sales, marketing, distribution and support staff across the globe, TWE’s wine is sold in more than 100 countries around the world.
About the Role
Treasury Wine Estates seeks heavy equipment operators for our Northern Napa and Paso Robles locations. Our Vineyard Equipment Operators are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all vineyard equipment in the performance of tasks set out for them by TWE Managers and Foremen. These tasks include, but are not limited to, the operation of all technical mobile equipment for the purposes of discing, mowing, hoe-plowing, cultivating, spraying, lifting, servicing, monitoring and harvesting.
- Solid understanding of vineyard operations and associated operation of vineyard and agricultural equipment: These tasks include, but are not limited to pruning, canopy management, pest and disease management, harvesting grapes, clean up, etc.
- Responsible for the operation of various farm equipment which includes tractors and other heavy agriculture machinery.
- Understands and complies with all safety procedures and rules for equipment operators, including training and PPE.
- Uses proper fuel and gear selection, RPM and speed for specific tasks.
- Monitors and maintains equipment calibrations and adjustments with guidance from mechanics.
- Performs daily inspections and routine maintenance, including, but not limited to: fuel, fluids levels, lubrication, tire pressure, lug nuts, safety guards, seat belts, three-point linkage, draw bar, lights and gauges.
- Prepares soil in fields by mowing, discing, grading, shifting dirt.
- Navigates proficiently in and out of the vine rows smoothly and safely while stopping and starting attached equipment.
- Daily reporting on problems and solutions.
- Properly uses all of the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for specific tasks (i.e. hard hats, gloves, reflective vests, safety boots, chemical aprons, safety glasses, etc.)
- May be required to assist in loading of equipment for road transport: Class B trucks (i.e. driving, loading machinery on to flat beds, and tying down all loads).
- Pesticide mixing, loading and application with completed training.
- Fertilizer mixing, loading and application with completed training.
- Fork-lift operation with completed training.
- Other machinery as required through appropriate training.
- Capable or participating in field crew work in a cooperative and productive manner.
- Maintains equipment use records (sign in/out).
- Current valid CA driver’s License
- Knowledge of vineyards and vineyard equipment or agricultural crops is a plus but not required
- Harvest season experience operating various types of tractors and mechanical farm equipment safely and effectively, preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry moderately weighted objects.
- May be required to participate in the pull program and DOT random drug testing